The British Consulate-General Milan is looking for a dynamic Business Communications Manager to lead external marketing of UK commercial strengths and practical communications in support of growing trade with the UK. This role is a one year fixed term contract with the possibility to renew for another year, working as a core part of the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade and investment around the world; helps to build an appetite for British goods and services globally; and works to encourage foreign investment into the UK. DIT also brings together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade & investment and to help businesses to succeed. The DIT team in Italy comprises staff in Milan and Rome. The team works with both Italian investors and British companies doing business in Italy across the main business sectors of the economy. For more information about DIT please follow the link.
The primary responsibilities for this critical role in the team will be to externally market UK commercial strengths relevant to the post-covid recovery, and to lead our DIT external communications strategy on business preparedness for the future UK-EU relationship. On both objectives, this person will be part of a cross-Europe DIT marketing team contributing to a Europe wide communications plan. Digital marketing skills will be essential to this role. The successful candidate will be expected to utilise the full suite of print, online and social media to run priority communications campaigns, as well as recommending senior business-facing communications activity to the Ambassador and Consul General.
In parallel, the job holder will seek to expand networks of partners in Italy who can help multiply our messages, including local Press, regional business networks and trade associations across Italy. There will be a focus on working collaboratively with colleagues across the Italy network – on press, policy, science & innovation and outreach – to maximise opportunities for the UK. The work will be varied and demanding and the successful candidate will need to be a flexible, committed self-starter, able to juggle priorities and to work on demanding timelines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive collaboration among sections and partners across the Italy network, understanding different communication needs of others in the team.
- Work closely with Ambassador and Consul General’s offices on involving senior representation in your external communications strategy, and recommending content.
- Build a strong and collaborative relationship particularly with the Press and Communications team in the Embassy in Rome.
- Potential line management of 1x intern in support of communications work.
- Be an active and engaged member of the DIT Europe wide network of communications and marketing officers and our DIT Europe head of marketing based in London. Stay close to developments in central communications and marketing strategy at Headquarters and ensure our Italian strategy is in line with these priorities, and is making the most of resources produced at the centre.
- Build in-market networks and partnerships in Italy, including public and private sector stakeholders and local Press contacts who can help multiply our messages.
- Develop a clear strategy for identifying and reaching our target business audience in specific sectors and regions of Italy.
- Support the work to secure funding, partners and private-sector sponsors for priority external activity.
- Drive the delivery of two new strategic communications campaigns in Italy promoting UK commercial strengths in technology and clean growth. Work collaboratively with the whole DIT-Europe network, sharing and learning from best practice in this shared endeavour.
- Lead delivery of the comprehensive communications strategy to practically prepare Italian businesses for trade with the UK under the new UK-EU future relationship commencing in 2021. Feed into ongoing development of the campaign at Headquarters to ensure it resonates with and meets the needs of the Italian market.
➡️ Apply online by 21 July 2020: https://bit.ly/2O7GvoQ
To reply to this ad, click the orange button "Send message" on the top right.
Mention you saw this ad in Easy Milano!