Italy Travel Advisory: Level 4: Do Not Travel
April 20, 2021 | Message from US Embassy and Consulates in Italy
Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Italy due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Italy. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into Italy.
Italy has a longstanding risk presented by terrorist groups, who continue plotting possible attacks in Italy. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports, and other public areas.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Italy:
· See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
· Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
· Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
· Follow the instructions of local authorities.
· Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
· Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Italy.
· Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
· U.S. Embassy Rome, Italy
Via Vittorio Veneto, 121
+39 06 46741
· U.S. Consulate General Milan, Italy
Via Principe Amadeo, 2/10
· U.S. Consulate General Florence, Italy
Lungarno Vespucci, 38
· U.S. Consulate General Naples, Italy
Piazza della Repubblica
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Mission to Italy.
Easy Milano is the online publication for the international community of Milan. We offer practical tips, key information and essential insights about living and working in Italy. Easy Milano has been assisting English speaking expats in Milan since 1999.
Follow us on Facebook - Instagram - Newsletter
You must be logged in to post a comment.