Gender Balance on Corporate Boards – Targets for Equal Representation Across Europe
After a 10-year stalemate, the European Institutions (Commission, Council and Parliament) have reached political agreement on the draft legislation to ensure gender parity on the boards of publicly listed companies in the EU; the so called ‘Women on Boards Directive’.
Under this agreement, in-scope companies will be required to achieve a target of 40% of non-executive director posts to be allocated to the under-represented sex by 30 June 2026 (‘40% Target’). The draft Directive provides for penalties to be implemented in the event of non-compliance.
You are invited to join our webinar, during which a member of the European Commission Cabinet and a panel of experts will discuss the draft legislation, examine how companies and governments will look at implementation, and consider the impact on companies and their culture and strategies, as well as the wider social impact.
- What will this mean for professional women (members of PWN Global)?
- How will the new directive requirements interact with existing local guidelines or rules?
- What are the potential impacts of targets on the culture of firms and on their inclusion and diversity strategies?
- How will the legislation be enforced in practice (penalties, fines, annulments by judicial bodies) and when might enforcement be instigated?
- What is the future for gender parity – will the legislation improve the gender balance in companies more broadly?
- What can companies be doing now to prepare for this and similar global initiatives?
for more info and registration, click “HERE“
Easy Milano is the online publication for the international community of Milan. We offer practical tips, key information and essential insights about living and working in Italy. Easy Milano has been assisting English speaking expats in Milan since 1999.
Follow us on Facebook - Instagram - Newsletter
You must be logged in to post a comment.