July 4th Potato Salad Recipe
The Fourth of July in America is a time for family and friends to gather together, relax, and celebrate the nation’s independence. For most Americans this means firing up the grill, bringing out lawn chairs, and playing some corn hole in the backyard. The food is of course a focal point for the day and the menu typically includes an assortment of hamburgers, hotdogs, bratwursts, baked beans, corn, potato and pasta salad, chips, and a cold drink to wash it all down. I generally barbecue with my Aunt Diane and the rest of our family in the summer so here is her potato salad recipe for your own July 4th celebration.
- 2,5 kg russet potatoes- cut up into bite size pieces unpeeled and boil
- 6 hard-boiled eggs-sliced
- 1,5 celery hearts chopped
- 500 ml mayonnaise
- 500 ml containers of sour cream
- Yellow mustard
- 1/2 box George Washington seasoning or beef broth seasoning
- 1/2 jar sweet pickles-chopped
- Parsley, chopped
- A sprinkle of paprika
- Add the potatoes to cold salted water and bring up to a boil. Then reduce to simmer, cooking till fork tender.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and George Washington seasoning, one packet at time, tasting as you go.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, celery, eggs, and pickles. Add the mayo/sour cream mixture and combine them all together mixed well. Next gently stir in the parsley.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika and serve.
Easy Milano is the online publication for the international community of Milan. We offer practical tips, key information and essential insights about living and working in Italy. Easy Milano has been assisting English speaking expats in Milan since 1999.
Follow us on Facebook - Instagram - Newsletter